Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photo op for the pop-to-be

Blake needed a bigger coat, so I took advantage of the opportunity to get some conformation shots. This homebred yearling musket ram is the sire of Annabelle's and Bronwen's lambs, and I am looking forward to seeing what he produces. I think he's looking good; of course, I thought his parents were good-looking Shetlands, too. I just hope he got the finer fleece of his dam (his hogget fleece was wonderful in all ways) - and polled genes from both his parents! Any nice ewe lambs may be retained in hopes that they carry polled.


I'm hoping Franna will take some photos of papa Barish now that he's shorn so we can all get a good look at Barrister's sire, too. I still want a black katmoget daughter from him!

That's it for today from . . .

8 comments:

Marie said...

He is such a handsome fellow!!

Susan said...

That is one beautiful, ahem, handsome ram! Lovely conformation! I can believe he stood so well for his photo op. Mine would be in my pockets.

Franna said...

Hah! My shearing job isn't as nice as yours! I was hoping to get photos when it isn't so drippy. Good idea to tie him up for the photos. Blake looks very nice! Who are his parents again?

Anonymous said...

Great pics - looks like the making of a wonderful fleece! Hope he gives you just what you're looking for. :-)

Michelle said...

Franna, that is Brava's lamb (they are both in the header photo) out of Braveheart. Don't forget to send in Barish's sample for testing!

Leigh said...

Gosh he's photogenic. And he knows it too!

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

He really is a fantastic looking boy!

Michelle said...

Thanks all for your compliments! I am so pleased with him thus far; I hope he keeps his polite demeanor (plus all his other good qualities) and can stay here for a very long time!