Monday, April 20, 2009

Too many photo opps, too little time to post!

Big-leaf maple flowers

The sun is shining warmly, the flowers are blooming profusely, the sheep are grazing companionably, and the fiber is flying productively. On top of all that, Steffen Peters and Ravel won the World Cup for the U.S.! I could do a dozen different posts today if I had time, but blogging doesn't pay the bills or homeschool my son, so will throw together what I can for now.

First, the flowers.
These are the late performers in our daffodil patch, doing their best to cheer up a fading crowd. Most of our ornamental and fruiting trees are in bloom as well, the earliest ones giving way to leaves, the latest one just getting ready to pop.

Saturday afternoon after taking the Mighty Mite crowd out for some grazing, I led them down to join the Three Gulmusketeer group in the lower pasture. Introductions went smoothly enough, and everyone stayed out together until time to come in for the night. I put Butter and Brava and their boys back in the big nursery stall for the night so they didn't get knocked around, but the next morning everyone went out together again for the whole day.I separated them again last night, but plan to remove the divider tonight. That will reduce my workload some, which is a good thing, Maynard.

More to come from . . .

7 comments:

Sharrie said...

I hear yah! I am caring for three different pens of cows and calves who should all be outside. Too much work. I just want to care for my sheep.

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

So beautiful! Can't wait for green grass here too - love the flowers and the lambs!

MiniKat said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad the introductions seem to be going better this time.

MudRanch said...

Same here, too many things to post about, not enough time! Oh well... Looking forward to more from your side of the States. :)

Egghead said...

I love the flowers and the sheep are so stinking cute. I know what you mean. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to post or read my favorite blogs. Just a bit here and there....Gah! Where does time go?

A wildlife gardener said...

Life is so busy for me too now the gardening season has truly begun :)

I love all your beautiful varieties of narcissi..and the sheep and lambs are very Spring-like :)

C-ingspots said...

Just look at that big boy! It's hard to believe that he's also the youngest of the bunch...genetics baffles me.
Spring so far is just lovely!