Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday's "tasting event"

Evidently Boulderneigh is becoming the place to be for social soirees this spring. Witness today's "tasting event," attended by Butter, Brava and the Mighty Mites. First, host Brian and waiter Jackson helped me usher everyone in the party to the dining room:"Mom said we have to eat our veggies to grow big and strong."

But hors d'oeurves come first:
Followed by the salad course:
Followed by the main dirt, um, I mean dish
Apparently it was good enough for seconds!

Saving the best for the "end" - dessert!
"How much are we supposed to tip?"

After the tasting event, everyone retired to the pocket pasture while I went to town to run errands. Now that I'm home again, dinner will be served soon.

Boo says, "I can't wait!"

That's it for now from . . .

16 comments:

Donna said...

Great lamb photos- thanks!

Sharrie said...

Thanks, I enjoyed the laugh tonight. I love the pictures with the lush grass. the beautiful sheep, handsome lad, and super doggie.

country girl said...

I just love lamb photos. Thank you for continuing to post. My second favorite is chickens.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Jackson is such a gorgeous dog! And shetlands are so tiny! lol and cute too

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

My goodness, they are cute!

MiniKat said...

What cutie pies! :-)

Mud Ranch said...

The "hors devors" picture was great! :) LOL

ladyb1 said...

Love it...!

melanie said...

That was a great post! Such cute little guys...I am feeling my will to hold off on breeding crumble with every one....

Laura said...

Cute post! I envy your grass-that's where we are in mid. May!!

A :-) said...

Looks like you are going to have your hands full with all these lambs :-) Loved the photo with the leaf! I don't know how you can bear to let some of them go, and yet, it's suppose it's kind of like with the violets - if you put down every leaf that you groom off a plant, pretty soon you are completely overrun.

Thanks, too, for the glimpses of spring - it's having a hard time getting to Chicagoland . . .

C-ingspots said...

That was very cute! Those little lambs are just adorable...and Jackson seems to be very kind to them.
Great pictures!!

Laura said...

Very Cute! Make sure the lambs don't eat too much dirt - I lost a couple to impaction from "sampling"...

Windyridge said...

Very cute pics! Especially the leaf in the face.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I love the one of the lamb with the leaf in his mouth! No Jackson kisses for awhile :)

Egghead said...

That lamb with the leaf in its mouth is adorable. What a great shot.