Friday, April 24, 2009

Odd start to an eight-egg day

Yesterday morning when I opened the henhouse door, there was a still-warm egg on the floor. When I picked it up, I noticed how oddly round it was; not particularly small, just round.A lot of bloggers with chickens are reporting odd eggs this time of year, teensy ones with no yolk and such. I guess this is Boulderneigh's version!

At the end of the day I collected seven more eggs, making yesterday one of our red-letter eight-egg days.Thanks, girls!

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Claire MW said...

I love the way you displayed the eggs in the veggie steamer! What a perfect setting! The golf ball shaped egg is most unusual!

tonya said...

I really enjoy your blog, and love the "8 egg" picture!

MiniKat said...

They make a lovely flower. :-)

Michelle said...

Why, thank-you, Tonya! Glad you all liked the photos; wasn't sure the silver colander was a good choice, so I guess you could call it a happy accident. :-)

~TigereyeSal~ said...

The colander picture is stunning! Nice job.