Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub...

...two lambs in a tub. See them?

How about now?

I've been trying to get photos that show the difference in color between my two gully girls, but didn't succeed until yesterday. I was getting Russell ready for a schooling session and saw a photo opp out in the sheep pasture. The girls were good enough to stay in their "playpen" long enough for me to get these shots:Bramble is clearly fawn like her sire, while it appears that Bronwen is moorit.

Blackberry, of course, is black front to back. Above he is demonstrating why getting good photos of any of the Three Gulmusketeers is difficult - they're all too stinkin' friendly! I just love Blackberry's head shape, just like Inky's and so different from all my other sheep and lambs.

Then there's tiny Boo, Brava's gulmoget. He looks like he may be double-patterned, At/Ag. He is coming in very light in his britch area, and has lighter nose leather than Bramble and Bronwen. Speaking of nose leather, I took a close look at all the lambs last night to get an idea of what color they really are. I took a bunch of photos to show those of you interested in Shetland genotype and phenotype, which I will probably put together for tomorrow's post. (The uninterested can busy themselves elsewhere. :-)

That's it for now at . . .

12 comments:

Terri D. said...

Your lambs are just beautiful! I am such a newbie that all this geno/phenotype stuff makes my head spin. But it sure is interesting! I am looking forward to your post.

Nancy K. said...

Those gulmoget faces are just SO adorable!!

I DON'T have room for more sheep,
I DON'T have room for more sheep...!

Kara said...

Great pictures and stunning lambs! I love the gullies!

MiniKat said...

What cuties!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures of the lambs. Thanks for sharing. And although I know nothing about it I will be looking forward to your post tomorrow.

Shula said...

I've gotta say, I love Boo. Great pictures of the lambs in the tub.

As a relative newbie (only my 2 year breeding) I am fascinated with the genetics and shall sit back and wait to read more.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

That last close up is so cute! They are all adorable though :)

A :-) said...

Oh, Blackberry is SO very cute. Just stolen my heart :-)

Claire MW said...

Catching up on your blog - some beautiful pictures of flowers! You have some blossoms that look just like my plum tree, which is the first ting that has come into bloom here (besides daffodils).

I have a confession....I used one of your lamb names. Bramble is such a cute name, and it was so suited to my tiny little moorit ewe lamb born yesterday. I hope you don't mind. It just sprang forth in my mind when I was trying to think of a name. I think she suits it. Thanks for sharing your creativity with my flock!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Your lambs are beautiful! I'm still trying to learn all the colors...so will look forward to your next post :-).

Michelle said...

Claire, of COURSE I don't mind if you use the name Bramble! It's not like they will end up on the same farm, getting confused as to who is being called. :-)

white_lilly said...

Your lambs are sooo cute. I think I like the chocolate and darker colors than the whites,that was a great photo of your lambs in the tub :)
You are so knowledgable about your sheep and your post are always interesting

x0x0x0