Friday, April 17, 2009

American rider wins at World Cup!!!

Yesterday Steffen Peters on Ravel won the World Cup Dressage Finals in Las Vegas, decisively beating nine-time (and defending) World Cup champion Anky van Grunsven (on IPS Painted Black) and Isabell Werth (on Satchmo) in the process. This is the first time a U.S. pair has won a segment of a Dressage World Cup Final on American soil; SWEET!

How I wish I could have been there to see the rides, but as much as a girlfriend and I plotted and planned to make this our year to go, finances prevailed in both our cases. Now we will have to wait impatiently to hear the results of Saturday's Freestyle event, which will determine the Champion. With the other two U.S. riders out of contention for the title, Steffen and Ravel are our sole hope to see the U.S. at the top of the podium for a change. Russell and I will be rooting for them!

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

Shula said...

Well that's good news. I want to go to the WEG in 2010. Now I just need to work out how to afford it lol.

C-ingspots said...

Way cool Michelle!! It's about time that Anky got beat - happy, happy!!