Monday, February 21, 2011

Enjoy it while it lasts, ladies!

Today started out sunny and warmer than the past few days. That is about to change. The meteorologists are predicting snow to 1500' Tuesday, snow to 500' Wednesday (that would include us here on the hill) and possibly up to 4" of snow on the valley floor Thursday! That is a significant snow event for this area at any time, much less the end of February.

I would have gotten in a ride on Russell today while the weather was good, but he's lame. :-( Have you seen the tongue-in-cheek customer service sign that says "Today is not your day; tomorrow doesn't look good, either"? Apparently when it comes to showing my horse, "last year was not my year; this year doesn't look good, either."

That's life at . . .

5 comments:

Summersheartjourney said...

Ooh hopefully the weather man/woman is wrong. We had a nice week of great weather here in South Dakota, actually could see a lot of the fields and then got dumped on yesterday with ice and snow. I was so hoping winter was over.
Love the pictures by the way. Do your chickens ever get their heads caught in the fence? I want to try chickens this year.

Michelle said...

Summer, because our first chicks could walk right through the chain link when they were little, we lined it with a layer of black plastic deer netting. The hens can't get their heads through those tiny holes, so no, no problems with getting caught. I hope you're able to get chickens this year; they are entertaining and beautiful (not to mention the eggs!).

Mom L said...

All your girls look very happy to have grass under their feet!! And here I am, wishing for a little more snow. It's been predicted for the past 2 days - just light snow shower but, if it happened, I missed it! Most of the snow has melted in the past few days except for small patches and some shrinking piles along the roads. We did, however, get a huge thunderstorm and hail the other night.

Christine said...

It's going to snow here again too if that makes you feel better. Hope Russel is on the mend soon.

Kelly said...

I share our frustration with equine lameness concerns. My mare's founder is of the metabolic nature and any change in weather and she's symptomatic once again. I've had to farrier to evaluate her for shoes (again) and he can't even get her to flinch with the hoof tester. She's always "off" on the right front only.
I hope Russell comes around for you soon....I'm routing for you.