Thursday, May 31, 2007

My dapper little man

Brian's violin teacher called on Wednesday with an opening at 5:00. Brian and I had been at the barn, so we took showers to get cleaned up before heading to Salem. I instructed Brian to get dressed, and suggested he wear shorts since we've been having temps in the low 90s this week. He was so proud of the outfit he put together -- shorts AND all dressed up!
The little-boy stereotype seems to be that you have to put them in a headlock to comb their hair, or lasso them with a tie to get them to wear one. But my little guy is something of a clothes horse, and LIKES to get dressed up and look "pretty." But he's still all boy, so after waiting on his teacher for a bit, the tie became a toy and the energy ramped up.
When Brian does well in his lesson, we often stop for a treat. Fortuitously, there's a Dunkin' Donuts nearby that suits BOTH our tastes (it's a good thing he only takes weekly or bi-weekly lessons!). Ah, sweet reward!
That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oooo, doughnuts! You had to mention "doughnuts" to an ex-police-type person! You know what that does to us - you devil, you! ;-) It's like the ringing bell to a retired fire-horse. Now I have to have a doughnut fix!

And my, how Brian does clean up well, doesn't he?

Anonymous said...

DAPPER - is exactly the right word to describe this wee charmer. He's gorgeous and wholly deserving of a treat. (",)

Nancy K. said...

What a handsome young man! I want to give him a hug!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I recognize those shorts and shirt! My nephew DOES have good taste! :) -K