Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tagged

Yesterday Lauren "tagged" me. At first blog glance (I was instructed to go to her blog to get the rules and find out what in the world this is about) I was going to pass, but by the time I read through her five random facts and learned some new things about my already-fascinating cyber-friend, I decided to play.

(First, a caveat. Tina tagged me not too long ago for a Thinking Blogger Award, which I took as a big compliment. I intended to continue that meme -- even though I don't entirely understand the term -- but life was so insanely busy around then that it fell off the end of my list. Sorry, Tina! Please don't take offense that I'm playing along with Lauren now. I'd really much rather tell you about other blogs that make me think than try to come up with five random facts about me, but I figure the time has passed on that one.)

Here are the rules: Each person tagged gives 5 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 5 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag 5 others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave a note in the comments of the blogs of those you plan on tagging so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

Another caveat. My life has not been that interesting. You've been warned. Here goes:

1. My first attempt at a career was when I was five or six years old. I drew and painted a bunch of pictures, then set up a TV-tray stand at the curb of our duplex in Loma Linda, CA from which to sell them. Some kids sell lemonade; I sold artwork. That should have informed my later choices, but I learn somewhat slowly. (See #4)

2. From early grade school through college I wouldn't tell anyone my middle name or initial (R. for Rose), because one of the biggest insults another child could give you then was to say, "You're an M.R." (for Mental Retard).

3. I attended an eight-grade, one-room school for 7th and 8th grade.

4. My first college major was pre-veterinary medicine (before several things made me realize that commercial art was a much better fit). My future father-in-law was my advisor. My husband-to-be got his first job in a veterinary clinic through me. (I was already hired by one clinic when another called to offer me a job. My advisor said his son needed a job at a clinic, so I gave him the number.)

5. Like Lauren, I'm a "former" stained glass artist (no restoration, though) and still have all my equipment and an unopened 200 lb. crate (!) of stained glass that I can't bring myself to part with. Some day . . . some year . . . some lifetime . . . .

Now I must tag others, so --
Tina
Kathy
Tammy
Franna and
Lois -- you're "it"!

Back to sheep posting next!

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

It doesn't sound like a boring life to ME!

;-)

Kathy said...

It's anything BUT dull and boring, Michelle!

And see? You've made it this far just fine. ;)

Michelle said...

Oh, come on! Have you read Lauren's five random facts??? By comparison I'm very bland....