Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcoming committee (photo-heavy)

Toto, we're definitely not in Kansas anymore!

Flowers:

Fruits:

Furry, fleecy, feathery friends (don't worry, I'll just include photos of two!):

And fiber!
That last little committee member was totally unexpected. It's from a blogpal who has purchased two of my fleeces. We were supposed to meet up at Black Sheep Gathering this year, but my virus-addled brain failed me and I forgot to call her the one day I was there. Afterwards she emailed me and asked for my address. She sent me this top which she prepped herself, from the last clip of my dear Brava. As if that wasn't enough "aaahhh" factor, she wrote in her note that she thinks "it's even nicer than the commercially prepped top that came from across the sea"!

Have I mentioned how welcoming the weather is, too? It was hot-hot-hot (over 100 degrees every day) in Kansas, and it's been cool and mostly cloudy here since I've been home. Last night it even rained a little - always a blessing during our dry summers!

That's it for today from . . .

7 comments:

Black Sheep said...

Those are some Gooseberries I see there.. we used to ...sneak over to the neighbors.. and eat them... come to find out the neighbor knew and did not care.. but the sneaking was more fun than the eating..

Michelle said...

Well, they are SUPPOSED TO be white and red currents. I tasted them and they're pretty tart yet....

Anonymous said...

So I'm getting rid of my mini-mare (saving money by not having to pay for hoof trimmings) and we are almost for sure buying a 5 year old Suffolk ram who produces babies with the longest loin ever. After going to BSG, I'm thinking about finding a wether (either an angora goat or fiber sheep) to keep him company. He is a pretty big guy, but gentle. Any recommendations for a fiber breed that won't be afraid to stand up for themself?

An English Shepherd said...

Lovely photos , furry is best ;-)

Kelly said...

Your photos are always lovely and it's nice to have you back Michelle. You were missed.

Karen said...

Love the pictures, Michelle. Many of my favorite things!

Michelle said...

Thanks Shepherd, Kelly and Karen! Ruth, did you get the PM I sent you?