Friday, July 15, 2011

Back to parenting

Brian's first summer camp experience ends at 2:00 today, at which time I will commence parenting again. Not that we truly stopped parenting; once a parent, always a parent, no matter where your child is, right? We have lifted Brian up daily in our prayers, and thought about him much. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed this week, even though I haven't accomplished as much as I had hoped. I did spin every day, thanks to the motivation of the Tour de Fleece. Here was my progress as of bedtime last night:
How many different ways can I take a photo of the same two tools spinning the same two fibers? I sure hope I'm plying both of these by the end of the tour!

I was planning to work with Marta and Sarai, my two new ewes, every day this week, but that hasn't happened. Still, they have made remarkable progress in the few sessions we've had. Here's a video of their walkabout this morning, after their pedicures:



I was also hoping to get this beautiful boy wethered so he is ready to go to a fiber pet home. (Anyone interested? He's friendly and sweet, and has FABULOUS fleece!) Rick hasn't cooperated on that score, so I need to proceed with a major sheep shuffle to at least get him weaned and away from the ladies.

Off to bring my boy back to . . .

6 comments:

Kim said...

Always nice to be childless for a few days but even nicer to bring them back home.

Anonymous said...

Those girls are walking very nicely- I'm so impressed!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Beautiful spinning Michelle! What teams are you on?

Sharon said...

My mother lived to be 95 and she fretted about me right up to the end.

Michelle said...

Thanks, Denise and Becky! (I'm on Teams Spindlers, Footloose, Corgi, My Favorite Sheep and Shetlands 11.)

Kim and Sharon, I hear you both loud and clear. (-;

Claire MW said...

Oh Michelle, how I wish I were closer - that beautiful boy would be so welcome as a fiber pet! I'm nearly losing my mind from a lack of sheep! Someday soon I'll be back in the flock!