Friday, January 25, 2008

Yes Suri!

I finished spinning the llama roving Tammy sent me (I can't believe I've been getting in a little spinning nearly every day!), and got the bright idea to add on the Suri alpaca sample I got from Alpacas d'Auxvasse. This was a much easier way to get acquainted with a new - especially a rather slippery - fiber, instead of struggling with a leader and getting a new bobbin started. It means I'll have to ply the white alpaca with something before I can access the brown llama, but that's okay with me. Anyway, I'm finding the alpaca a delight to spin, very similar to but even softer than the llama. Plied with a wool single, both camellid fibers should contribute to soft scarves with beautiful drape.

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Good onya, Michelle!

Nancy K. said...

Your spinning looks awesome! I need to get back at my wheel. In fact, I do have spinning group, for the first time in 6 months, tomorrow. Good thing too as I need to spin up some more yarn for my blanket...

shepherdchik said...

Michelle: your yarn looks so perfectly smooth and even on that bobbin. wow, that suri sure is white.