Monday, August 08, 2011

Summer schlump

Moods ebb and flow. Lately I've had too much to do and too little enthusiasm for doing it. But this afternoon I did kick my rump out the door to dig and bag a feed sack full of thistles and tansy ragwort (above) that had escaped my diligent efforts this year and were flaunting brazen blossoms at me. I felt better for the doing, and snapped some more "weed" photos while out in the pasture. (The red clover and Queen Ann's Lace with ladybug are worth biggifying, IMHO.)

The garden is starting to produce more; tonight I made a pasta dish with peas and broccoli from it. The zucchini is trying to get ahead of my culinary efforts, and there are several pickle-sized cukes among the vines. The tomatoes aren't making a very good showing; other than that one turning red there are very few of any shade among the foliage. The boysenberries, on the other hand, are doing GREAT!

That's it for today from . . .

2 comments:

Leigh said...

I know what you mean about enthusiasm. It's just been so hot, actually humid here, that it zaps my strength. Good for you for having the will power to get out there and get going!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you... We got through our local fair and now I'm slowly moving to get life to normal... Love the pictures.