Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Headless chicken checking in


Today was the day my "Creative Living" entries had to be delivered to the State Fair, sometime between noon and 2:00 or between 4:00 and 6:00. Well, Brian had swim class at 9:15, followed by Vacation Bible School until 11:30. While he was at VBS, I worked on a snarl in Rick's payroll taxes. I picked Brian up from VBS at 11:30 and drove from McMinnville to Salem to drop off my hat and shawlette. That mission completed, we dashed over to Costco to get some needed items. Now we're home to squeeze in violin practice before driving to Newberg for Brian's 4:00 violin lesson. Need to stop at two stores in Newberg after the lesson to pick up a few advertised specials and get chicken feed, then return home to make and eat supper. Whew; I will be glad when this week of back-to-back swim class/VBS is over, and we can return to a more normal schedule!

Last year was my first experience entering anything in the State Fair; I took a couple of my dahlias. Dahlias are looking good again this year, but I'm not anxious to add more to my to-do list!

That's ENOUGH for one day, from . . .

3 comments:

Michaele said...

I think you needed a Starbucks stop in there somewhere!

Kelly said...

I wish that didn't sound like one of my days, but it does. :) I'm cramming to get some some hand warmers knit and a skein spun for the WSWF!!! And this weekend is my deadline for entering sheep...arrgghh, help. lol

Sharon said...

I do love dahlias. I grew them in California but here they're just a memory. Apparently tomatoes are going to be a memory too if the summer doesn't start heating up pretty soon!