Thursday, June 18, 2009

Making peace with Bronwen, preparing for BSG

My little "sheepskin rug" has needed some extra training time. Things were getting worse instead of better there for a bit, but I'm hopeful Bronwen will be able to walk into and around the ring so the judge can see just how stunning she is (rat tail and all!).

In other preparations for the show, there were Brava's and Dinah's fleeces to skirt and Butter's rooing to pick through (from after she got sick last winter). I plan to leave these with Aunt Janet when I pick up the roving she has ready for me, saving shipping one way on both batches. I also had to remove a partially-filled bobbin from my Louet S17 and locate two empty ones so I could spin some of that roving in my free time at BSG - gotta promote those sheep, you know! Of course, I'm taking knitting, too; the goal is to finish these socks in time wear them (PLEASE let them be wearable!) to the Sock Summit:
Last night we got the camper on the pick-up so I've been loading it and the horse trailer today. The horse trailer seems like such overkill for hauling my little sheep, but it is what I have and I'm thankful to have it! As soon as Rick gets home this evening I'm loading lambs, bringing adult sheep in, and heading to Eugene. Talk to you after the show!

That's it for now from . . .

4 comments:

MiniKat said...

Have a safe trip! :-)

Tammy said...

Hope it goes well and you have a great time! I'm sure your little gulmogets will be enjoyed by all.
Tammy

A wildlife gardener said...

Everything you do, Michelle, takes me back to my Granny who kept her own sheep, spun their wool and used some of it for her own knitting and some to sell...wonderful. Good luck at the Show :)

Here's the link to my little video of Barleycorn in June :)

http://ourlittlecornerofparadise.blogspot.com/2009/06/barleycorn-meditation-in-june.html

A :-) said...

Have fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :-)