Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Honest Scrap award

Jenny Holden across the pond nominated me for the Honest Scrap Award some time ago; thanks, Jenny! (It took her awhile to acknowledge getting it herself, so I don't feel as bad for taking this long!)

The rules state: "When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Finding the tone of the rules rather irreverent, I don't feel bad about modifying them a bit to suit my fancy. Since it IS called the Honest Scrap Award, I thought it more fitting to nominate bloggers who come across as honest rather than brilliant (not that these blogs aren't also brilliant, or that the blogs I don't nominate aren't honest!). The following bloggers tell it all, the good and the bad, yet don't leave you feeling down and depressed with their "realness:"
Nancy K. of A Shepherd's Voice
Deborah at Antiquity Oaks
Sabrina at Boston Lake Farm
Tammy with Musings from Fairlight Farm
Sharon, who's In Stitches
Adrienne of Knit and Run
Molly Bee in Molly Bee's Attic
Allison of A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Now for ten honest things about myself, even though I could probably come up with more interesting lies:
1. I prefer being cold to being hot.
2. I prefer sweet over sour or salty.
3. I prefer the association of old folks to that of kids.
4. I prefer quiet to noise.
5. I prefer reading a book to watching a movie.
6. My artistic style is realistic, but I wish I was more of an impressionist.
7. I NEED animals in my life.
8. I've never broken a bone or had general anesthesia.
9. I've been to the dentist more than enough to make up for #8.
10. I look forward to heaven more than I can describe.

I'll end with some comic relief.Now she's halter-trained . . .

Now she's not! I don't think I've had a lamb assume this exact position before. I call it "sheepskin rug." :-)

That's it for now from . . .

15 comments:

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

I absolutely love "Sheepskin Rug"
Thanks for the award, too. I'm so terrible about these things but I will try to get to it. :)
(Plus I like that metal sign. I rather covet it infact. Good motivation! :D

A :-) said...

Hey! Thanks for the award! That was very nice of you :-)

Yes, I believe you have a skein of that yarn that my Clapotis is made from! I had an extra and it was so beautious - I knew it would make great socks for you!!

Cute lamb :-D

Nancy K. said...

"Sheepskin rug" is GREAT!!!
totally spewable. ;-)

Thanks for the award. I'm terrible about passing them on and have actually been meaning to make my blog an "Award Free Zone". Maybe I'll finally get around to it. I do still appreciate the thought though!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! Poor girl. My lambs haven't found that pose yet :) See you in a few days!

Dawn said...

Tsheep thinks she is a corgi! Glad you warned about the comic relief, that is darling.

Crosswinds Farm said...

Poor lambie! I have to get busy with halter training too!
The hen you asked about on my blog is a Salmon Faverolle. She is missing some feathers on her head so she is looking a bit wild.

Kathy said...

I love the "rug"! Best of luck at BS!!!! Can't wait to hear how it went. Please give Tina a big hug from me when you see her! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I have had a few do that pose before... I'm not very sympathetic though. ;) Interesting 10 things about yourself... I think we match pretty well. :D

Looking forward to meeting you in a few days!... Not so sure I'm ready... I guess that's my "artistic side" kicking in.

Leigh said...

Congratulations on the award. The rules gave me a chuckle but I'd probably modify them too.

Now, off to add "halter training" to my "to learn about" list, with a side note to "keep camera handy."

Molly Bee said...

Thanks for the award! Love the rug. Ben lays like that all the time only his back legs look a lot froggier!

MiniKat said...

There's an award for you over on my blog. Come get it when you have a chance. :-)

C-ingspots said...

Michelle, LOVE the sheepskin rug - so cute!!
Congratulations on your 25th anniversary too! Ours is next month. Cannot believe how fast the time flys...
Interesting 10 things - we have several in common.
Love that shawl you're making from a few posts back - it's beautiful.

melanie said...

(still laughing every time I look at that picture..)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela said...

I love the sheepskin rug pose! It's amazing the ends sheep will go to when avoiding learning to lead.

Thank goodness they are small and all you have to do is stand them back up and start over. But it's still hilarious!