Monday, January 12, 2009

Wishes and dreams

If wishes were fibers, beggars would be wallowing in this dreamy white alpaca! I let the owner know as requested how the sample of white roving/top was spinning up. She was glad to hear it was good quality and proposed a trade - she'd give me the rest of it to spin, and I'll give her half the resulting yarn. I'm very excited, as this will be the first yarn I've spun for anyone else, and the fiber is such a pleasure to work with. Maybe I'll tire of it by the end of the project (I don't know how much there is; I'll pick it up when I've finished spinning the sample), but that's hard to imagine. Now to find more time to spin!

It's easier to find time to knit, as it isn't a "secret indulgence." I've been working away on the Abrazo vest, even though I should be knitting the sleeves for my friend's Sonnet (her birthday was, um, yesterday). I'm working on the upper back of Abrazo right now. I'm anxious to finish it so I can try it on!

That's it for now at . . .

7 comments:

MiniKat said...

Beautiful yarn you're spinning up! The knitting is gorgeous too. :-)

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Nothing wrong with a late BD present :)

Kara said...

Michelle,
I found that 100% Alpaca retained its shape best when I washed and blocked it sooner, rather than later. Beautiful spinning and knitting!

Claire MW said...

Lovely spinning! I am starting my Learn to Spin class tonight through our community Continuing Ed department. We start with drop spinners and move to wheels. I'm excited to learn.

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Beautiful- both of them!

Kathy said...

And so it begins...

your first "commission" work. :)

Good onya, mate!

MaskedMan said...

Ooooh... Alpaca yarn - Nice! That should knit up into something really special.