Saturday, March 22, 2008

I thought this morning's sunrise, taken at the barn when I went down to do chores, would be a fitting image to share this weekend. You can see Mt. Hood peaking through the trees on the left.

Here is my first look at our new farm members:From lightest to darkest, Brian has dubbed them Abby, Samantha, Playful Rechel (two stripes on back), and Morgan (the Araucana/Easter Egger). Between Kathy and the internet, I've gotten a quick education on what Araucanas, Ameraucanas, and Easter Eggers are; although advertised as an Araucana, Morgan is very likely the latter.
We put them in a larger box today, and the change obviously wore them out!

That's it for now at . . .

6 comments:

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

They're adorable! Are you wiping their little bums so the don't paste up? I think you need a few more. Since they lay an egg every day and a half, you might not get enough eggs. Now's the time to add while they're all little. More Araucanas! I love those blue/green eggs (and their beards).

Tina T-P said...

Very cute chicks - They are so fun, and the fresh eggs are worth the extra work! Happy Easter to you and your family, Michelle!

T.

knitmd said...

Baby poultry are so cute, aren't they? Perfect for Easter.... without the dye, of course!

Alaska Shetland Shepherd said...

beautiful sunrise, now we are looking for lamb photos! Any lambs there yet? Oh, check out my boys' photos on my blog too, I posted them there for Peeps and all to see how they are maturing! Happy Easter!

Kathy said...

The one with the stripes on the back could be the EE...You won't really know 'til they get larger. If they are all girls, at 5 months of age you'll start getting an egg every 25 hours! WaHoo! Fresh Eggs!

Happy Easter!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh dear Michelle how delightful to have baby chick at Easter time. Takes me back to Oma's house in Germany and finding the newly hatched chicks on Sunday morning. We would bring them in the kitchen where it was warm and feed the hard cooked eggs with sting weed chopped into it. Gosh I need to answer your nice email...oh I have no excuse...just so busy as you can see from the lateness of my comment, I am a night owl. Is Amity on the sunset highway? Maybe we can stop for a visit on our way to Depoe Bay sometime.
Wishing you and the shepard a wonderful Easter week in his precious love...Karla and Miss Peach<><