Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Close to home

That's where we're staying for Thanksgiving. We'll once again be joining a group at our church (including my MIL) for a shared vegetarian Thanksgiving feast; I love it because it's neutral ground and no one has to do all the cooking or cleaning. (I'm taking homemade crescent rolls and cranberry white chocolate walnut cookies.)

I was out and about most of the day, but the best parts were close to home. On my way up our hill, I saw the starlings in flight. I pulled over and captured a magnificent murmuration; I could watch this for hours, I think.


After backing into the garage, I enjoyed the view:

And on the way down to the barn to ride my mustang man in the waning daylight, I was treated to an entirely different colorway:
So much to be thankful for (I'm thinking of you, Theresa!) at . . .

5 comments:

Leigh said...

it sounds like you have a lovely day planned. Good catch on the starlings! When I start to hear them around here, I know the season's change is upon us.

Kim said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The starlings made my heart sing!

Michelle said...

I hope you both had good days, too, and I'm glad you enjoyed the starling show!

Unknown said...

The starlings remind me of wave-gazing. I think something about the almost rhythmic ebb and flow, change of direction and speed, and the swelling and receding of their sound has a similar effect on the brain. They remind me a little of watching a Lava Lamp, too. (Showing my age with that reference!)

A :-) said...

That murmuration was huge!! I caught one once in the city - it was pretty amazing :-)