Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pretty little purses

They're done, but not delivered. Two half-size Himalayan totes (from Interweave Knits), and one teeny-tiny quarter-size one, knit from recycled sari silk and lined with burgundy duck.

One side, all three.

The other side, all three.

The linings of the larger two have pockets.

A size perspective on the wee one.

The larger two are for teenagers Karishma and Nileshni; the bitty one is for Hannah, herself a bitty little girl. I think I have just enough of the sari silk yarn left for another quarter-size version; I may go ahead and knit it up and put it in my gift drawer for future use.

Oh, and I cast on Abrazo. I'm ready to switch to the bigger needles (size 15!) and start the cables. To cable in grey, or not in grey; that is the question!

Feeling a bit more settled at . . .

8 comments:

Jenny Holden said...

They're so sweet! I'll bet their new owners will be very pleased with them :o)

Sharon said...

Your bags are beautiful! The colors are wonderful. You can undo your sweater and use the yarn to make more of them - the perfect use for sari silk.

Gone2theDawgs said...

That wee one is adorable! Those purses will be treasured by those girls!!!

Kara said...

Very Pretty!

Tammy W. said...

Love those little purses Michele - the colours are so vibrant!

Karen said...

Good luck with your Abrazo, I'm sure it will be beautiful! And the bags are really lovely. So nice of you.

Mim said...

Wonderful purses! Love the colors and everything about them.

Deborah Niemann said...

Those are beautiful! I'd love to have a purse like that.