Monday, January 26, 2009

Paying it forward, again

I read about something on The Back Forty blog, and thought it sounded like fun, although strangely familiar. I decided to join in, and then looked back through my archives. Sure enough, it is very similar to the Pay It Forward challenge I picked up from Adrienne. (Type in Pay It Forward in my blog's search window above and you'll pull up the original post and the gifts made and received.) This time I have a few more ideas of things I can make, so I'm looking forward to participating.

Here is the most recent incarnation:

The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me.

I will try to make something tailored for each of those five people in some way or another.

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:
- I make no guarantees that you will like what I make!
- You will have no clue what it’s going to be.
- It’ll be done by the end of June (a small change I made).

I was going to limit it to residents of the United States, but changed my mind. Why keep the fun in one country? I will, however, be making something lightweight if any of my farther-flung blogpals respond - no homemade apple butter for you!

Wanna know the catch before you respond? The catch is that you have to make the same offer on your blog!

Last time I only had one "taker" - and another who hinted that she'd like to do it, so I included her, too. It would be fun to have this spread farther this time; surely I am not the only person who enjoys making and receiving little gifts!

That's it for now from . . .

10 comments:

Deb said...

What a neat idea. I'd love to participate Michelle. It always brightens someone's day when they get a little something in the mail and makes the giver feel good as well :)
I'll post this on my blog this week.

Thanks!
Debi

Anonymous said...

I'd love to participate, too! I will post this in my blog before the week is over.
Angela
NeopolitanAcres.com/sprinkles

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to join you... I'll post about it this week as well.
~Joan

Kelly said...

I would like to join, too. Sounds like fun!

Franna said...

Am I really number FIVE?

I'll do it. :-)
- Franna

MiniKat said...

Drat... number six. ;-)

Kathleen said...

Whoops, too late. Maybe next time! It's a nice idea.

Michelle said...

Wow, that was fast! I'm glad so many are up to "paying it forward" this time! And if MiniKat and Kathleen are up to making and sending out seven gifts instead of five, I'll make something for both of you, too.

Now, each of you (the first five, and also the next two if you agree to the above) need to go to the "Email Me" link and tell me all about your likes and dislikes, so I can put my thinking cap on. Do you wear hats and/or scarves? What colors do you like to wear; what colors do you like to decorate with? What flavors and scents do you like? What are your favorite breeds/colors of animals? What other things to you like/collect/treasure? Do you send snailmail notes/cards to others? What other clues can you give me to help me? And don't forget to send me your snailmail addy!

Rayna said...

Darn, too late! This looks like a fun challenge though...maybe I'll have to get my butt in gear and get my artistic talents moving again!

Anonymous said...

I sent you an e-mail w/ my info. :)