Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Shall we go for a walk today...

...to see what God has made?" I learned this little song probably 45 years ago when I was a tot in Sabbath School, and Brian learned it in time, too. The tune danced through my head this afternoon as I wandered around our property admiring quiet beauty, and then as I headed down the road with Jackson for a three-mile walk.
"Forest Flame" pieris

Burgundy-flowered pieris transplanted from the neighbor's yard

Fat daffodil buds hang over candytuft and the last flush of croci

Daylilies emerging from their winter sleep

Daphne odora=heavenly perfume!

Cloudscape over dormant orchard

That's it for now from . . .

4 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Ha - looks like my comment will beat your post to the punch. The pictures of the dafs were beautiful! Happy Spring to you too. XOX T.

MiniKat said...

Beautiful candytuft. Makes me wonder how my mother's garden is starting out. Will have to call her and find out.

Tina - omme i London said...

I love going for walks to discover what nature has to offer. Gorgeous pictures!

OzWeaver said...

Happy spring to you! You have so much more in bloom than I have in NJ, so I've enjoyed looking at spring in your part of the world!