Monday, April 07, 2008

Gawky youngsters and the Pigeon War of 2008

The chicks empty their feeder fast, foul their water fast, and grow fast! Fortunately, smell has not been a problem yet. I noticed that the neighbors have moved their (much larger) pullets into their funky fowl quarters; I hope Rick can get our poultry palace finished before the chicks outgrow the height of their box - like, this week! Considering that Rick got back at 2:00 this morning, he and I have a date tonight (Forever Tango), and he and Brian have a date tomorrow night (Blazers basketball), I'm not holding my breath.

This morning Rick looked out our bedroom window - and saw the three pigeons that have been hanging around since he fired the first shot in the Great Pigeon War of 2008. It really sours a homecoming to have someone go all murderous on you! I don't know what he's going to do next; I doubt we'll be in agreement, whatever it is.

That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I cant wait to see how this comes out... pass the popcorn!

Sharon said...

My brother was shooting the male cow birds in their valley, until my SIL found out. He said he was congratulated and thanked by neighbors who were sorry he had discontinued his crusade. Anyway, that's his side of the story~

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Pullets seem to be mandated to poo in their water. It's like a magnet to them, I think. If I had a dollar for everytime I rinsed, emptied, or refilled their water dispenser, I might be able to afford hay for all these new lambs!

A Jackson said...

Michelle, men's tendancy towards the murderous is just one reason why we find them so interesting lol. They are different!

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear all about it. I want to post about the possum popper, but I'm afraid of the hazing I'll get from the animal rights people lol.

Yep, I'm a chicken.