Sunday, September 06, 2009

Thanks, Deborah!


I've got another couple posts in the works but this morning in my inbox I learned that Deborah of Antiquity Oaks nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger award, so I thought I'd insert a post on that here.

First of all, thanks, Deborah! There are two blogs I follow that are great campaigners on the subject of real food (among other things): Deborah's and Miss Effie's. If you don't read them, you should!

Secondly, I'm so glad Deborah changed the rules from listing one's seven favorite mystery writers to listing seven of one's favorite authors. I haven't read a lot of mysteries, so probably couldn't name one favorite mystery author. In fact, as little reading as I've done in the last decade, I'm going to have to clear the cobwebs out of my mind just the come up with past favorite authors! I used to read voraciously, but other hobbies and demands have horned in on my reading time, big time. One of those newer hobbies, knitting, has added a favorite author to the list, though; I'm sure some of you will recognize her name. :-)
1) C.S. Lewis
2) Madeleine L'Engle
3) Robert Fulghum
4) James Herriot
5) Elizabeth Zimmermann
6) Marguerite Henry
7) Irving Stone

Finally, I'm to pick seven blogs to nominate for this award. Without looking to see if they have accepted a Kreativ Blogger award before, I'm just going to go with the first seven blogs that pop into my mind when I think "creative."
1) Miss Peach's Meowz
2) Tulip Tree Hill
3) Stories From the Farm
4) Mud Ranch's Real Dirt
5) Chronicles of a Country Girl
6) The Pioneer Woman
7) Yarn Harlot
(Not that I expect the last three blogs, with their huge followings, to acknowledge said award; it's just that they are so creative in their various ways that they have to be on my list!)

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Country Girl said...

Oh, hello Michelle! Sorry I don't get out much. Thanks for the award. I have a huge following? That is terribly funny!
Thanks for mention, though and hope you have a beautiful day. It's perfect here in Maryland today.

Kathleen Stoltzfus said...

Thanks so much, Michelle! I appreciate the award! I'm going to have to check out the others for inspiration.

A :-) said...

I love Fulghum. Years ago I heard him speak live. He's wonderful :-)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dear Michelle...we are ever so delighted to accept the Kreativ Blogger Award from you. We admire your talent and creations in wool...your work with animals is a talent also, running a farm and a household and family. You deserve this award...
Love Miss Peach

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I feel so honored. I really enjoy reading your blog and I have a few to catch up on :)