Monday, March 09, 2009

Do I have her eyes?

I saw results of the following quiz posted over on Brew Knits. Jamie is a Grace Kelly, and in reading the description, I thought it fit me pretty well. But when I took the quiz, I turned out to be a Bette Davis. Oy! This hits pretty close to home! How do those quiz-makers do that - nail someone so well from the answers to just two questions?

My result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...

You Are a Bette!

mm.bette_.jpg


You are a Bette -- "I must be strong"

Bettes are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.


How to Get Along with Me
  • Stand up for yourself... and me.
  • Be confident, strong, and direct.
  • Don't gossip about me or betray my trust.
  • Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
  • Give me space to be alone.
  • Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me.
  • I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack.
  • When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.

    What I Like About Being a Bette
  • being independent and self-reliant
  • being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
  • being courageous, straightforward, and honest
  • getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
  • supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
  • upholding just causes

    What's Hard About Being a Bette
  • overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don't intend to
  • being restless and impatient with others' incompetence
  • sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
  • never forgetting injuries or injustices
  • putting too much pressure on myself
  • getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right

    Bettes as Children Often
  • are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit
  • are sometimes loners
  • seize control so they won't be controlled
  • figure out others' weaknesses
  • attack verbally or physically when provoked
  • take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings

    Bettes as Parents
  • are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted
  • are sometimes overprotective
  • can be demanding, controlling, and rigid

  • Take Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz at HelloQuizzy

    It's a grey and leaden day, but that's okay, because after a morning and early afternoon of homeschooling and graphics work, I get an afternoon and evening to myself! While my guys are off having fun, I hope to finish plying, then skein and wash the first 8 oz. of alpaca, do a little dye job on some other homespun, and get the guest room ready for Rick's mom.

    Photos tomorrow from . . .

    6 comments:

    thecrazysheeplady said...

    I am Katherine Hepburn. Most of it did fit.

    melanie said...

    Of course I knew without looking, but I did the test anyway...I'm a Bette!

    Michelle said...

    Well drat, Sara; why can't I be Kate? I'll have to go look on your blog to see the description (if it's not there, please post it!).

    What did you expect, Melanie? You KNOW we're twins! :-)

    MiniKat said...

    I did the test but it wouldn't let me see my results. Very odd. Will try it again later.

    A :-) said...

    I'm a Marilyn :-D

    Anonymous said...

    I went over to your Brew Knits friend and read hers, I could easily be a Grace! Wow, I think if it didn't come up with Ingrid for me, my second bet would be Grace. Very close... Hmmm... I wonder if I'm a hybrid? :D