Saturday, June 09, 2007

On this date in 1984

That's us, fresh-faced and skinny, leaving our college church in Lincoln, Nebraska. After the reception we drove to Branson, Missouri for our honeymoon.

This morning I woke up with a pain/cramp in my left scapula (I've been "winged"!), reminding me, I guess, of just how old I'm getting. Strange to be celebrating 23 years of marriage with a five-year-old running around!

Rick came home Friday night with a dozen red roses, the dear man. Tonight a good friend is coming over to stay with Brian while Rick and I go ON A DATE. (Note: relationship experts say this is something a couple should schedule on a regular basis. Especially after having children. Maybe we can attempt to do that more than once or twice a year in the next quarter century.) First an early dinner at La Rambla (we're using a gift certificate given as a thank-you to Rick for a seminar he did, so we can indulge without feeling our wallets squirm!), then we're going to the new IMAX theater at the Evergreen Aviation Museum to see Cirque du Soleil: Journey of Man in 3D. Then home to do chores. The animals must eat, too, you know!

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Congratulations! And you both still enjoy each other! That certainly is an acomplishment in these times and with busy schedules that you both have.
Plus a DATE! Neat!

Tina T-P said...

Oh, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope your date night was a huge success and that you can work out a way to do it more often :-) XOX T.

P.S. Your dress was really beautiful.

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!!

I'm so proud of you!

shepherdchik said...

Oh I am so jealous about the circ de sol, I want to see that so bad! Congrats too on your anniversary!!! Definitely the dating is a good idea...just be careful - you know how men are, he might get funny ideas! (hopefully)

Shaun said...

Congratulations. Blessings on you and yours for many more. I'm glad Father God knitted you both together. Sorry- I is sheepy person- collects all but those dat eat. I found you on Tina's page. And yes, your dress was beautiful.