Friday, January 26, 2024

Setting the stage


The first of my mini-orchid's buds started opening today, and for some reason this prompted a very limited 'spring cleaning.' I moved everything off the top of the antique pie safe, dusted it, and shook out the doily. Then I replaced only the pots containing living plants and some of the decorative items in such a way as to leave the photo from a blogpal unobstructed. As good as this made me feel, you'd think I'd be motivated to tackle the rest of the house  in like manner! Alas, the house is a 'BIG elephant' – but I will continue to try and eat it, one bite at a time....

In other riveting news from the 'funny fiber farm,' I finished spinning the first half of the Bay Breeze top, wove rug #2 (awaiting hemstitching), fixed another escape route Bijou found, looked beyond the mud to admire my surroundings, and watched Poppy watching birds. I think she views them as flying rodents – especially the Eurasian collared doves!












That's a chickadee on the window screen!


That's it for this week at . . .

5 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm doing some deep cleaning as I move around and get painting done before Spring gets here. Your dogs are so cute.

Michelle said...

PWaH, are you one of those people I've heard of who change the colors of their environment and rearrange furniture on a regular basis? That would certainly prompt cleaning and decluttering! Alas, I like what I like, and once painted and arranged, I leave it that way.

A :-) said...

I like what I like, as well. The overall color scheme in my home has not changed in 20 years . . . Other than Bijou continuing to impersonate Harry Houdini, all seems calm there on the Western Front. You are already a better weaver than I ever was :-) Yay You!!! :-)

Jeanne said...

I've read this post a couple of times. I really enjoy it. Your pictures are great! Poppy and Leo are cute on the couch.

Our little orchids have been blooming, too. They are so enjoyable.

The weather has been so warm that we're starting to see bees. And I saw a baby snail the other evening. In January? Its just wrong!!

Mokihana said...

Oh my goodness, your orchids are glorious no matter what stage they're in! Your spindle looks wonderful, as does your view, and of course, your sheepies!