Friday, April 19, 2019

Thursday's cloud sandwich

Yesterday I got up earlier than usual and caught the lovely sunrise tinting the clouds, followed by sunshine lighting up the cherry orchard down the hill and the neighboring field.


I left for work before Rick did, to continue moving the fiduciary office across town. After a full day of that, I came home to school my friend's horse and give Lance his exercise. I thought Lance and I might catch a dramatic sunset as we headed down the road, but it never really colored up. Still pretty, though. By the time we came back, the clouds were darker and more dramatic, forecasting the approach of today's rain.


But between the clouds of the morning and evening, yesterday was sunny and warm, the warmest day of the year so far. Chuckie was basking on the front-end loader of our little tractor when I went down to ride; I hope it did him good. He is still recovering from whatever traumatic incident he suffered, and is not the fat, sleek, and sassy cat he was before it.
The rosemary is rife with blossoms,

but the double-flowering cherry is mostly cherishing its buds. This morning I found one sprig opening up its tissue-paper petals; such extravagant beauty!


And yes, that is a freshly-mown lawn in the background; my husband did that last night while I was working horses. 😍

A blessed weekend to you all, from . . .

7 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that last dark sky pictures is so dramatic. You have the best views of the sky. We hardly see anything that dramatic in my little piece of the world.

Michelle said...

Elaine, I AM very thankful for our views; I hope sharing them here adds a little something to your day!

Mama Pea said...

Aw, poor little Chuckie. You can feel very good that he now has a forever home where there are loving people who care for him. He probably feels good about that, too.

Such gorgeous scenery, and the blossoms!

Card and Comb said...

Your views look lovely, it looks like the monster excavator/dirt mover is gone now? Hope it is peaceful again.

wisps of words said...

Fantastic sky photos!!!!!! Glorious colors! And the moody sky is beautiful too.

Sorry about the cat's trauma. Don't know what it was, but do hope he returns to his former happy self.

✨ 🍥 ✨

Susan said...

Those cloud photographs as so dramatic! We very seldom get such lovely sky vistas - mostly, it's been drab, grey and low-hanging.

Claire MW said...

Wonderful skies! We have heavy grey and gloomy skies for the moment, but that is often the way of spring around here. I love the blossom photos too. My rosemary only ever blossoms when I bring it indoors for the winter!