Monday, February 05, 2018

On the roller coaster of character development

Oh, the joys of parenting a teenager! Today's lesson is, "Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them," with "Misery loves company" as a bonus feature.

*************************************

I finished Alison's hat Sunday, wove in the ends this morning, and dropped it off at the post office on my way to work. (The pattern is "Graham," free on Ravelry.) Fingers crossed that it flies fast across the Atlantic! Now it's back to spinning during my waiting times, as I'm trying to complete a 70g challenge for the Ravelry Jenkins spindle group.

That's it for now from . . .

6 comments:

Yarrow said...

The hats lovely, but I'm thinking the first comment refers to your son. Good luck, parenting just isn't easy!

Fat Dormouse said...

Being excited!!

As I'm thinking of having my already shortish hair cut shorter, in preparation for the inevitable, and as there is quite a few centimetres of snow on the ground, I think it will be very welcome.

Mille grazia, encore!

Theresa said...

Beautiful hat Michelle. I know it will be greatly appreciated. Good luck on the spinning challenge. You are a whiz with those spindles.

Susan said...

Lovely, lovely hat - almost as lovely as the knitter... :) I would think that the arduous process of character development greatly affects everyone around the developee...

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Bless your heart! The hat is cute and the colors fabulous...I'm a BIG brown fan.

Mama Pea said...

Love the pattern in that hat!

Don't love the process of character development in teenagers. I remember wondering how one kid could create such upheaval in the home environment. Don't know if I'm older (yes, I am) or just wiser (could be) but I now realize I should have been stricter (yes, I should have), not entered into the fray so emotionally, and simply laughed at said teenager more. (That will frustrate -- and probably confuse -- the heck out of 'em!)