Sunday, August 18, 2013

Savoring Sunday

I probably should have tackled some major project today, like cleaning my dusty house from top to bottom, or picking those little red plums and making a giant batch of jam. Instead I did lots of no-big-deal jobs, like chores and laundry and cooking and watering and spinning. (And as soon as it cools off a bit, I'm going to school my horse!) So why do I feel so satisfied with what I've accomplished? Probably because my taste buds and tummy feel so satisfied! ha

Sunday is often a two-meal day for us; a late breakfast and an early supper. For the latter, I decided I'd best get busy and make a fresh peach pie before the fresh peaches were just a sweet, juicy memory. I also wanted to try the stuffed zucchini my neighbor described to me, and had fresh sweet corn to go with it. Everything was a hit – and everything was devoured!

The volunteer sunflowers in the garden were just begging to be photographed when I was moving the soaker hose.

I'm still working on the same two fibers I've been working on since June – 'Bubblegum' wool/alpaca on my repaired olivewood Jenkins Aegean spindle, and Browning's roving on my miniSpinner.

That big bag of brown roving is getting noticably smaller, finally. I finished filling another bobbin of singles today; I'll be interested to see what's left after I finish a second bobbin and am ready to ply again.

That's it for today at . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get over that spindle full of gorgeous yarn! The color knocks your socks off! :D I am also in love with that brown single your working on... it's going to make something very lovely I'm sure!
Hugs,
Beth

Theresa said...

It sounds like the perfect Sunday. Monday comes quick enough for the big projects, but Sundays should be punctuated with quiet reflective satisfying moments at least. It all looks so yummy, food, yarn and I'll bet the ride was a good one too.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Peach pie looks delicious, zucchini looks good too.

Mary Ann said...

I thought the stuffed zucchini looked scrumptious, like the peach tart!

Bill said...

Oh my goodness, those peaches look so delicious!

Michelle said...

I still can't believe we ate it ALL. I have the final box of peaches sitting on my counter; will have to get most of them in the freezer tonight. I'll save a few back for eating fresh – and one more fresh peach pie. ;-)