Monday, January 23, 2012

Preparing

I've been a busy little fiber-bee, assembling materials for my next Textiles 101 class. I made a list (and am checking it thrice!) of all that I need to take Wednesday. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to take my Clemes and Clemes drumcarder; without it everything I need will fit in the handy-dandy "crate cart" that Rick got me for Christmas.

I'm taking raw (skirted) fleece so the students can experience washing some (and probably be grossed out - ha). I'm also taking washed fleece ready for them to flick and card, which I've been busy washing in small batches. (Above is a bit of natural-colored Shetland plus donated Border Leceister/RomneyXSuffolk). It's been a long time since I've washed fleece, and I'm actually enjoying it - and getting the itch to finish up various saved bits and fleeces I have laying around here. But next week we start spinning, so I have to finish assembling those spindles.

That's it for today from . . .

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my, I think rolling back the clock. You have grown so much in the years I've know you - and here you are, paying it forward. I love our tradition.

Kim said...

Oh my, I wish I could come to your class!!! I want to learn it all.