Friday, September 09, 2011

Sleep-walking

By 6:00 this morning I had driven my guys to the airport (1.5 hours away) and returned home. Even though I'd had less than three hours' sleep, I didn't dare lie down when I got home; I had creatures depending on me for turn-out, food and water. After chores I decided I'd better get Russell out for his rehab ride while it was still relatively cool. Since then I haven't been very productive, even though the house is trashed and needs a thorough cleaning, peaches need to be put up before they spoil, there's food for tomorrow to prepare, and I need to make a run to town to deal with some banking issues and run other errands. I will get it all done so I can enjoy the Sabbath rest, though. After church I'm going to the beach with a friend and her daughter for a picnic lunch (and maybe supper, too!) and a break from the heat; oh, I am looking forward to that!

Rick and Brian will be gone for a week. On the one hand that means extra work for me, but it also offers sweet solitude and the freedom to do a few things that a full-time mother/schoolteacher can't usually fit in. I just need to make sure that getting enough sleep is at the top of the list!

That's it for now from . . .

3 comments:

Susan said...

There's never a lack of things to do, is there? Enjoy the time to yourself - get some rest!

Michaele said...

Sleep makes all the difference in the world doesn't it? Sounds like a plan.

Nancy K. said...

get some rest and then HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

;-)