Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Sad

My dear friend Debbie, who has provided the most wonderful life for one of our bulldog pups (and Rosie's brother) for over 11 years, called at lunch to say that Bubba had passed away. He was fine last night; ate his breakfast this morning but just wasn't quite himself.

It's a little like losing Rosie all over again, to know that the last of her family is gone. The end of an era. My heart aches for Debbie and Ron, and for myself. These creatures we love, they just don't live long enough.... Rest in peace, Bubba:

This afternoon I must drive down to Salem to fetch my State Fair knitting entries. I've been anxious to have my Alcyone back so I can wear it, but we're enduring a most unusual heat spell so neither shawlette nor hat will be appealing to anyone for awhile.

That's it for today from . . .

8 comments:

MiniKat said...

Sometimes I think we're all put on this earth to learn how to love, kind, relax, and have fun. The animals just figure it all out before we do. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

It's the end of an era and that's what makes it even harder. I'm sorry! Losing animals is so hard. It's been warm here on the coast during the days, but it really cools off fast at night and is overcast and cool in the morning.

Jerry said...

Sorry to hear about your last bulldog. They become family and we miss them terribly.
I do like the double stack of hens in the nest box below.
Your blog is always a pleausre to read
Jerry

janna e said...

I'm sorry Michelle.

melanie said...

So sorry!

Sharon said...

So sorry. It's ironic in that my son talked to me this weekend about concerns for his beloved dog. He's just recently learned that Bacca's breed are mature at eight years. He's pretty concerned.

Tina T-P said...

Oh, how sad for your friend - and to not have had a chance to "say goodbye" T.

An English Shepherd said...

Looks like he was a lovely lad :-)