Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Brothers brown & country cousins

Bardas and Byzantine had their first excursion late Monday, and had great fun discovering their legs. They reminded me of those long-legged waterbugs, skittering across a liquid surface. Bardas is more bold and curious than his brother, although you can't tell it in this photo.

There's still plenty of color in our iris bed, although the season has probably passed its peak. But there are some unsung beauties out in the pasture near our gate that came with the place; older, less showy varieties but lovely in their own right. Yesterday afternoon when I came home, I jumped out of the car and got photos of the "country cousins" so they could have their moment in the spotlight, too:

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Kathy in KY said...

Wonderful, relaxing post, Michelle. All I can say is "beautiful". Thanks for sharing. Have a great Wednesday evening. From KY where it rained today, and then the sun came out - can you say humidity? LOL

Jenny Holden said...

Oh! Gulmogets and irises, a post just designed to make me green! I'm hankering after a couple of gulmogets in my flock, I think that they are simply beautiful, congrats on your lovely lambs!
Irises are my favourite flowers, I just think that they are so elegant :o)

thecrazysheeplady said...

I've enjoyed all your irises (is that spelled right?). How nice your season runs so long.