Friday, July 24, 2009

Sheep goings - and comings?

Ready to roll!

Poor Blackberry; it's like he's being weaned all over again. Good thing he has a low, throaty yell instead of an even more annoying high-pitched one!

As scheduled, Beau's and Boo's new owners arrived this morning with spiffy new halters and lead ropes for their two new fiber pets (Rocky Sheep Suits are on order). I am thrilled to be able to place them in such eager and loving hands, and expect to get lots of updates on Brava's boys. There's even a possibility of another sheep leaving Boulderneigh once Beau and Boo get their "hoo-ha-ectomies;" Dinah may retire from breeding there, opening up a spot for a finer-fleeced poll-carrier ewe here.

But that's not really the sheep "comings" I was talking about in the title. I have my eye on two new ewes already, and wouldn't even need to wait to make room. And the cost to ship them here is quite reasonable. Check out Romi's new shawl pin designs!Don't they look like wooly Shetlands? When she came out with a handsome ram (see him here), I HAD to buy him for myself, even though I have no shawls to use him on. Now I want the rest of her flock! I'd better cast on a shawl or two, quick.

That's it for now at . . .

9 comments:

Joan said...

Totally cute! But, ahem, the ram has HORNS! LOL Just had to harass you a little -- they are gorgeous and I love that the one is the "south end of a north bound sheep!" That is one of my favorite lines in a Michael Martin Murphy song, except it's a herd of cattle.

Rayna said...

Awww...I have my eyes on a shawl too! *sigh* lol

Mim said...

Great way to add to the flock. We should have more them and less of the kind that eat!

Michelle said...

Joan, you're totally right. I should send that horny thing to you and just get a flock of the nice, polled woolies!

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely! Her designs are enchanting.

Gail V said...

I don't think those are horns, I think they are EARS! It's a little vague, don't you think?
Adorable, wonderful designs.

Becky Utecht said...

I love the shawl pins too! I've got a friend working on designing a sterling silver one for me (it's only been a year so far). I'll have show him those pics to stir his inspiration.
If you want to knit a fun, easy shawl, Elizabeth Zimmermann's pi shawls are great.

sewbeezy said...

Love the shawl pins! They are very pretty!! I hope the two boys enjoy their new home.

Heidi said...

Love the shawl pins. Now I need a shawl! I hadn't heard "south end of a north bound sheep!" that is too funny!