Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Dry day fun

Today is the only dry day in the forecast for many days looking backward or forward. While doing chores I debated with myself about turning out the sheep; their dry lot is muddy and slick. But the "grand old dame" (Inky) took matters into her own hooves and nosed her way out the fold's small gate while I was filling their water bucket. Dinah followed her, and they ran for the open dry lot gate. So everyone is out now and enjoying browsing for blown-down twigs and such. It made my heart sing to see Butter leap about on her way out; she is indeed feeling good and healthy again! Between feeling better and the cessation of torture (injections), she is back to her sweet, friendly self. (Shepherd sighs with happiness.)
Since there is no snow or standing water in our arena, "riding Russell" is a high priority on today's to-do list. Figured I'd better turn him loose for awhile first since he hasn't been out of his stall/paddock in over two weeks. The above shows how wise that was! First he was indeed a leaping, racing blur. Then he galloped and trotted some more before stopping to sniff the air like a wild stallion. I can hardly wait to be astride again; it's been too long!

That's it for now at . . .

8 comments:

MiniKat said...

So glad to know Butter is getting back to normal. I hope all the sheep and Russell enjoyed their time outside.

Kara said...

I am so glad that Butter is feeling better!!!! Russell is very handsome! Have a happy New Year!

Sharrie said...

Happy New Year!!1 Glad everyone if feeling frisky. Bullies, 6, were a week old on Sunday. Pictures when he sends me some.

Unknown said...

Wow, 2 weeks in his stall...I would want to run like crazy too!! My mini's have a fit if they are in their stalls more than 24 hours:) Russell is a very handsome man by the way!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yay Butter!!! What a relief! Hope you enjoyed your ride. I fully planned to, but ended up playing with my video camera and before I knew it, the day was done. First thing tomorrow!

Michelle said...

Oh Sharrie, I can't wait to see pictures! Didn't know he had bred again; does that mean your son is feeling better? If I wouldn't feel so sorry for how a puppy would feel spending all day in a crate with strange happenings and people all around, I'd have him ship us one. Then again, with Brian and Jackson keeping me busy, adding a puppy anytime soon would be a crazy-maker!

Kathy said...

What a handsome lad he is - and he knows it! Glad to hear the ewe is better. How are you holding up?

Gone2theDawgs said...

Yeah! Butter is back! She is such a pretty girl.

Looks like that was one smart move giving Russell some burn-off time!!