Sunday, February 11, 2018

From on a roll to hobbling

Thanks for all the comments since Friday! It's nice to see names to go with the numbers – including new ones. (Blogger's dashboard shows me the number of views each post gets; sometimes it's over 100! Who are all these people? Why are the vast majority so quiet? What is the meaning of life? What is that smell?)
I think someone got a bit TOO relaxed; phew!

Yesterday afternoon I got some cute photos of the dogs and started on a "six for six" post just for Debbie. ;-)  Then Rick asked if I'd go along with him and Brian to an open gym night at the school.

There weren't very many kids there; in fact, there were more adults than high schoolers (many were gone for choir festival . . . as Brian was to be . . . .), so it was the perfect opportunity for us "old folks" to play, too. For the first hour everyone just shot baskets; then one of the adults rounded up everyone for a game. A couple of the girls left (including the one Brian is sweet on), leaving four on four. I do a lot of walking, but a few sprints up and down the full court reduced my "fast break" to a "slow shuffle"! It was fun, but my get-up-and-go had departed by the time we got home, and there went my posting streak.

So here are the rest of the photos from yesterday, after a good romp with the dogs outside. (As you can see, Gatsby was still up for more playtime!)




That's it for now from . . .


5 comments:

DianeOart said...

I'm always reading, simply not commenting much.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and must say that your post a while back on Silver Falls inspired me to visit. Last weekend I combined horse shopping and seeing a friend in Bend with a Sunday side trip to SFSP. It was absolutely gorgeous! I will definitely be returning for the full hike next time I'm up there. Also love that dogs are mostly allowed.

Mama Pea said...

Sweet doggie pics!

Debbie said...

Close enough to still count..... Is Gatsby growing on Rick yet?

Glad that everyone had a good time at the open gym night.

Fat Dormouse said...

Lovely dogs! I wish we could have a dog, but with 4 cats and MrFD who doesn't want one, it's a tad impractical.