Thursday, February 22, 2018

Easy come, easy go

I shot the photo above of four deer in the lot to our north while I was riding in our arena Monday afternoon. That prompted me to take the photo below while riding yesterday.

Later, as I was walking up to the house, Blaise and Sarai posed for me. (I think these photos need a storyline!)




Then they were joined by Brigitte,



and Bardot,
Sarai's 2017 twins.

Last night it began to snow again – big, beautiful flakes. The dogs got covered when they went out for their bedtime potty break, as did Gimpy later when s/he came to the deck for some easy calories.

This morning it was gorgeous!


Even better, it didn't affect the roads, and now most of it is gone.

*************************
40 Acts
Today's theme (you can read it here) is about our gifts, our talents, and how we can share them. Since money has never been in abundant supply here, sharing what I can do has long been my modus operandi. What immediately came to mind is knitting, followed by baking. But since I'm a graphic designer, I volunteer that skill to our church and the Fine Fleece Shetland Sheep Association as well.

Speaking of gifts, the hens just keep giving more! In a few days of renewed activity, I've gotten 28 eggs, including our first green egg of the year yesterday (I got another one today).

That's it for now from . . .

6 comments:

Theresa said...

LOL, no those photos need a SONG! I offer this up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StG4fFWHqg

Michelle said...

Oh, that's GOOD, Theresa!

Susan said...

My goodness, you have the most photogenic sheep!

Michelle said...

Susan . . . sometimes. ;-)

C-ingspots said...

I LOVE finding eggs! :) And the chickens are so entertaining, I really enjoy them.

Mary Ann said...

Michelle, can you forward the 40 Acts site to me? It tried to sign up, but it appeared I was UNsigning you to do so. I would like to subscribe to it.

Glad your eggs are coming on, those longer daylight hours are helping.