Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Waxing poetic

This is the best month of the best season, and I've been woefully short on time to enjoy it. Yesterday I finished up at work 15 minutes before I needed to head to Salem, so I gave myself the gift of walking around the neighborhood and soaking up autumn beauty. Oh, exquisite delights!










A friend posted a lovely photo with this quote on Instagram – “There is something in the autumn that is native to my blood." Such a perfect sentiment that I had to ask her who wrote it, and she introduced me to one of her favorite poems:

Then I found this quote by John Donne: "No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face." Yes!

That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Totally agree regarding the autumn season. Gorgeous pictures you captured on your walk.

Kim said...

What stunning color, it simply takes my breath away!

Unknown said...

Nice poem! I love the leading lines in your last photo: the fence, the sidewalk, the road. Like the lines in the poem, they make you want to meander down the colorful lane.

Donna said...

Gorgeous photos- thank you!

Michelle said...

Glad you all enjoyed the pics! I shared some less spectacular photos of "country color" on my Instagram account; I try not to use the same photos both there and on my blog.

Moldy Old Crone said...

You are such a good photographer! Those are exquisite pictures. We don't have quite such good color down here in Northern CA yet. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Aw shucks, Sue; thanks!