Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Effervescence

Yesterday was breezy, a definite fall snap in the air. Leaves skittered across streets and sidewalks in town; the ones above more brown now, with bare branches showing. Sometimes fleeting beauty brings aching melancholy, but yesterday felt effervescent. As I drove around, I kept my camera ready in the seat beside me and snapped pictures at stop signs and red lights.




The sheep are prepared for the changing seasons, well-fleeced and well-fleshed.
Sarai, that's quite a belly you have!

October has put on quite the show this year. Sunrises have been spectacular the last two days; I'll save photos of those for the next post. I'm off to tackle a long to-do list, and want to squeeze in time to wash that skein of mohair yarn and finish spinning the last of that gray Jacob roving today.

That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

A :-) said...

To-do Lists . . . mine seems ever longer these days. Boulderneigh looks very beautiful :-)

Claire MW said...

The colour variations in all those leaves are stunning - what a beautiful fall you are having.