Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Driving Miss Crazy, Part I

Well, it's been a whirlwind couple of days, and it's not over yet! But first things first.

Yesterday morning I drove Brian to the State Fair to compete in his Draft Horse, Junior Driver 13 and Under class. If you want the privilege, you do the work!

While he helped clean the wagon and harness, I walked around taking snapshots.

Then it was time to hitch up the team,
Brian got rid of those bright gloves before showtime

head to the warm-up ring, and get in a little more time with these energetic Clydesdale girls before show time!
Brian with his 2013 team, shown with the team he drove in 2012

Soon, it was show time.
Brian placed third, an excellent result with this team. I congratulated him, and gathered my things to leave. But before I could exit, stage right, Brian was offered the reins for the Youth Cart class because a teen driver didn't show up. How could I miss that?


There were seven youth in the class, Brian being the youngest. He finished last, but considering that this was a "catch ride" with a mare who had only been driven solo once before the class, just the night before, we thought he did great.

The excitement over, I jumped in the truck and headed north. I had a ram to pick up!

More to come on that, from . . .

5 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

Congratulations Brian, that is something to jump in and drive a horse and cart when there are a lot of unknowns, good experience, and no disasters. Good Job.

Susan said...

Such concentration! He looks like a natural behind the reins. Wonderful photos, Michelle!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Good job, Brian!

Nadine said...

YAY Brian! Great photos it looks like you had a great day.

Mary Ann said...

I have always, always wanted to have a driving horse. I've only been able to drive maybe four times in my life, but I so admire those who do. Yee ha for Brian, he looked great and what well-turned out horses!