Friday, September 24, 2010

You've gotta love a kind-hearted man

News flash: there's a new cat at Boulderneigh! Rick and Brian brought him home tonight after rescuing him in a nearby town. His owners moved and left him behind, and he was surviving on the street. Rick said he couldn't leave him there to get run over, especially with his little boy pleading, "Please, Daddy; please!" He's a very friendly feline, eager to be a lap cat. We've dubbed him Tippy for his white tippy-toes. He's hungry, intact, has bumpy skin and ear mites, so he'll be a work in progress for awhile. We've got him settled in the tack room for now. I sure hope Oreo doesn't mind kitty company!

That's it for tonight from . . .

9 comments:

Rayna said...

Aww he's cute! :) I've done that before too. August was one of my best cats :)

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! God Bless your sweet manfolk for bring home such a nice kitty! A love story begins...welcome home Tippy from the cozy cottage

Sabrina Wille Erickson said...

Oh, a tuxedo boy! Hi there, Tippy. I think you just became a very lucky cat!

June said...

Such a beautiful cat! And he looks so much like my Earl Grey (different color, tho). I know he will be a wonderful addition to your family. God Bless you all!

Tiggeriffic said...

What a beautiful cat.. I love cats. Glad that your hubby brought this cat home.. Why do people do this to their pets? Very Cruel..
Tippy will fit right in with your sheep and other animals.. Congratulations~!~!

Tammy said...

Good for Tippy and good for you all! He looks a bit like Oreo so maybe she'll think he is 'family'--especially once he gets his boy parts removed and seems less of a threat. I too wonder how people can be so casual about abandoning their animals. Love that last picture--that big nose looks an awful lot like my Chaco!
Tammy

Mom L said...

Thank heavens for people like Rick and you! I've had a few rescued animals over the years (Emma came from a NYC alley) and I've never understood how human beings can treat animals and children like throwaway garbage. Welcome to a great family, Tippy!

Sharon said...

I applaud Rick - please tell I say thanks. So many animal professionals get tough skin - I can see how easy that could be. I'm glad he gave this boy another chance. It touches me.

Christine said...

Awe, what a lucky cat to have landed a spot at Boulderneigh.