Thursday, August 15, 2024

Ahhhgust, you've redeemed yourself

Since Sunday, Hotgust has become Ahhhgust, with clouds in the morning keeping a lid on the sun's power and daytime highs at a much more comfortable level  – and it's going to continue!
See? Ahhhgust!
Other things continue, too – garden production (tomatoes now!), work on the new shop/woodshed, spinning/plying, and even a little sheep maintenance and marketing.

After weeks of vine growth and flowers, I now have SEVEN litttle butternuts!

What I thought was a quartet is actually a quintet, all in different stages







I hate waste, but some tangles cannot be tamed
Bud needs a home – or castration
With this fleece, he could stay as a fiber pet/ram companion

Clearly Bud needs a good monkey-picking so I can cover that pretty fleece to keep it cleaner. I did get Bitsy picked and coated, but didn't get any photos. She, too, has a beautiful black fleece, and is staying.

Summer continues at a gallop and I need to try and keep up. So that's it for now from . . .

9 comments:

A :-) said...

So glad it has cooled back down for you. We are relatively steady in the 80s during the days, but nights are already starting to cool down here - into the 60s.

Marlane said...

Hot here too in the 90's for what seems like weeks I am just glad I can wear shorts most of the time.

Michelle said...

Me, too, A! July was record-breaking hot, so it's just fine with me if August ends up cooler than average. We could still get hot in September, but I think 'summer's back' is broken.

I hope you get cooler weather, too, Marlane!

Marlane said...

I think not til December at the rate we are going and i don't believe it is global warming by the way.

Anonymous said...

It's a little cooler here in the foothills of the Cascades. We may get some rain tomorrow. We're hoping we do, without lightning. The smoke from the wildfires is too much.

Retired Knitter said...

I love baby veggies! And great pictures of the sunflower.

Michelle said...

Maybe once the polar ice has completely melted, Marlane? 😉

Jeanne, we got about 1/2 an inch yesterday, with just enough thunder and lightning for a little entertainment. Hope you got some, too!

Thanks, Elaine!

Mokihana said...

I'm so grateful for the cooler weather! The thunderstorm was great for a little bit of excitement and some rain and no lightning fires around here! Don't you just love sunflowers? And oh gosh, Bud's fleece is awesome!

Leigh said...

The cooler weather has finally reached my corner of the US too. Such a relief. Your garden is certainly happy about it! Nice to see construction progress. Nice to see spinning and sheepies too.