Thursday, May 02, 2024

Springing along, except when dragging

This week started out strong, slowly staggered to a halt, and is starting to pick up steam again. Oh wait, that was me. Spring is as exuberant as always!

Me, I finally succumbed to the cold that Rick has been miserable with for a couple weeks. On Monday my nose ran like a faucet, on Tuesday my head felt like a tight balloon and I ended the day with chills (made me realize I haven't shivered in years!), Wednesday morning I felt like hammered grunt and spent hours in bed before managing to skirt three fleeces and make a couple new recipes for dinner, and today I feel great except for a stuffed-up nose.

The bluebirds came back weeks ago. This one was perched in the cherry tree outside our bedroom window (click to biggify).
Sunset over Stella and two houses:
I love whatever this spring explosion of color is called in the evergreen on our west property line:
Sunday Poppy and I went to our first agility trial of the year. She did great! Even though she had a serious case of the zoomies in our first class (Jumpers), I managed to get her back on course for a qualifying run. The next two classes she qualified and won; the last class we blew thanks to a handling error by yours truly.
A rainbow at the end of Sunday, which was supposed to stay dry but didn't.
Bernice looking cute eating a stem of hay. She has the prettiest head!

Our Pink Walloper rhody is brightening the south side of the house. The lilacs at the bottom of the yard, on the other hand, aren't.
Blossom and Bud on the lam again. I catch as catch can when it comes to photos of the lambs!


That's it for now from . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you & Poppy. Lambs are too cute! WI Dee

Michelle said...

Thanks, Dee! I was beginning to think my blog wasn't letting people comment with all the silent views! How are things in WI?

Leigh said...

Bernice is absolutely adorable! And definitely congratulations to you and Poppy! Eventually they grow up and your perseverance paid off.

Michelle said...

Thanks, Leigh; Poppy did indeed grow up into a stellar companion!

Jeanne said...

Very nice post! I'm happy for you and Poppy! It would be so much fun to be able to watch the two of you in a competition.

I hope you're having a good Sabbath!

A :-) said...

I read that as "wallop her" rhody and it made me laugh right out loud here in my home office :-D So glad you are feeling better. Yay!! Congrats to you and Poppy for all the agility work you guys are doing. I know the tardiness of my comments is because Blogger no longer sends and email, so I check periodically and sometimes I catch it right as you've just posted, and sometimes I'm a few days late - like this time. :-)

Fat Dormouse said...


Berenice is super-cute.

Michelle said...

Jeanne, agility matches are fun to watch; there are so many characters among the dogs and handlers (I suppose that includes Poppy and me)!

I'm happy to see your comments whenever you make them, A! I keep the Blogger home page open on my laptop and glance at it for new posts whenever I check emails or look up something. Never did use the "email me" feature.

Yes, she is, Alison. 😁