Tuesday, March 12, 2024

On my mark, getting set....

This was the forecast this morning. Just LOOK at that long stretch of dry, even sunny weather! That means no excuses to collect fleece samples and start shearing. I want to start with the three younger preggie girls (Blaise doesn't have much wool and needs the insulation) but I already have two black hogget fleeces reserved – which is good, because I'll have five of them. It should also help the grass grow, and perk up the primroses I planted in a pot out front:


In the meantime, there's been some excitement in the bonus room. Yes, I took 'before' photos, but I'm going to wait to share them until there's more visible progress. In other words, the room is still a disaster . . . except for one little bit of organizational heaven. Remember my dream of an antique spool cabinet? After doing a little searching locally (nothing), I turned to the internet, specifically Facebook Marketplace. There I found one a little plainer than I had imagined, but I could afford it and it was within easy driving distance of my agility class, so I picked it up last Thursday night.

From its landing on the cluttered antique table that belonged to my maternal grandmother, to its gainful employment as wire-wrapping supplies and spindle storage:









It's perfect and I love it!

That's it for now from . . .

8 comments:

Leigh said...

Michelle, it's fantastic! What a wonderful find. Isn't it lovely to have things organized?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Perfect!

Mama Pea said...

Plain (which I would have picked) but lovely. And so functional, too!

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing in my delight, ladies!

Jeanne said...

How wonderful that you were able to purchase that fantastic cabinet! It's perfect for the spindles, and all! I like that it has five drawers. It's amazing that you were able to find it so close to home. No shipping costs!

Donna Schoonover said...

It is perfect!!!

A :-) said...

Oh! That worked out so well!! Perfect home for your beautiful spindles and I love how you made separators out of cardboard. :-)

Michelle said...

Oh Jeanne, shipping costs being what they are, I HAD to find something local enough to pick up in person!

I think so, too, Donna. 😊

A, the cardboard that keeps the spools in place were made by the previous owner; I just left them for now.