Monday, March 25, 2024

More photos than news



The three stuffed coats

Still no visible udders on the three ladies in waiting. I wish I could wave a wand to make all three of their fleeces move from bodies to bags (along with the rest of the fleeces!), but alas, Bitta is still the only sheared sheep so far. When the weather was nice I kept running out of time (I started on a couple and realized they were going to be way too challenging to finish before dark) and now it is too cool again to work with my hands for the hours it takes me to harvest a fleece.

At least the delay is giving Itsy Bitsy time to grow. She'll no doubt still be the smallest of the bunch when all coming lambs are on the ground, but she's doing great. I'm supplementing her with milk replacer four times a day, and she is eager for both bottle and attention. Sabbath afternoon I took her and Blaise outside where they attracted intense scrutiny from ALL the other sheep – boys on one side of the driveway, girls on the other. I wish I could turn mom and baby out on pasture, but I don't trust the Mean Girls (and I think a large bird of prey could carry off Bitsy!). You may remember that Bette nearly killed Blaise two years ago, and Boop (Bette's daughter) and Broadway mortally wounded Bitsy's lookalike big sister Bling last year. Sheep are not as meek and mild as some people think....



I see on social media that some people are finally getting dumped on by winter weather now that it's officially spring. Not here; we've got birds, bees, flowers, budding trees . . . and of course one adorable lamb. 😁
See the Western Bluebird on the t-post?



LOTS of lambs where I picked up some milk replacer!


These grape hyacinth were buried in blackberry brambles for years!






That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Sharrie Brockhaus said...

The flowers are beautiful. All I have is two hyacinths and one tulip in pots from Home Depot. BUT.....it keeps me happy! Plus lambs on the way........soon.

A :-) said...

Everything is looking so beautiful at your place :-) And that teeny weeny is so, so cute!!

Michelle said...

Hey, flowers of any kind, anywhere count Sharrie! Where will I be able to see your lambs online?

Thanks, A. Yes, Bitsy is a lovely little diversion. :-)

Donna Schoonover said...

Lovely photos!

Michelle said...

Thank you, Donna!

Leigh said...

Looks like you are having a gorgeous spring! And Bitsy is adorable. When are the next lambs due?

Jeanne said...

I've looked through both of your latest posts twice now! I should be sound asleep, but its not going to happen.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures, especially little Bitsy. Your flowers are lovely.