Sunday, October 08, 2023

Today's tally

Today was the last of a stretch of warm, sunny days in the 80s. Since I spent much of last Sunday at an agility trial and I'll be spending much of next Sunday at the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, I felt pressured to make the most of it, and the available bounty. The results? Five quarts and one pint of 'strawberry' grape juice; eight pints and one quart of condensed tomato soup; and seven quarts of applesauce. I planned to make a peach pie out of the last, tired peaches saved for the purpose, make double that amount of applesauce, and prep a batch of apple pie filling for canning in the morning but ran out of daylight and energy. Guess I will pick apples in the rain tomorrow and carry on.

Rick spent much of his day diagnosing and addressing fluid leaks in his vet truck, which was less than he wanted to get done. Brian did whatever Brian does in his room most of the day, but did blow the leaves out of the arena and off the driveway around the house for us before the coming rain.

All three of the ram lambs were showing interest in their ladies today, but none of the ladies appeared interested in return. Five months from now would be a very good time (for me) for the ewes to lamb, but there's nothing I can do to facilitate that.

Nothing is blooming here, but at a friend's where I'm doing chores and at our church there are some beautiful blooms:



There was a wee, bright green frog in the arena yesterday; I finally got close enough to snap a shot when it got to the side board:

Chuckie is hard to get a photo of because he tries to get too close to me:



That's all for now from . . .

6 comments:

A :-) said...

This is such a busy time of year for you. I don't know how you get everything done. People used to say that to me when I was still working - so we must be similar in our ability to prioritize :-) I think the commenting problem on my blog is now fixed. It allows people to comment anonymously now, which means I don't always know who they are, but it's better than not being able to comment at all. :-)

Michelle said...

I'll try again on your next post, A – and add my name if I remember!

Jeanne said...

That Chuckie is quite a character! I got a chuckle out of the second picture of him!

The little froggy is really cute! Do you have the very tiny tree frogs in your are. We do, here, but none have had the black markings.

Your flower pictures are beautiful.

Unfortunately, animals don't always do what we want them to do!

Michelle said...

Jeanne, we do have the tiny tree frogs, it's just that I don't see them – or any frogs – very often.

Michelle said...

Jeanne, the one I photographed looks like a Pacific treefrog, said to be the smallest frog species in Oregon: https://myodfw.com/wildlife-viewing/species/pacific-treefrog

Mokihana said...

I'm amazed that the clematis is blooming now! It's so beautiful, as are the roses. The sheep look great, and so does Master Chuckie!