Friday, August 18, 2023

Dreaming in color / awakened awareness

There is a local commercial photographer whose business name is 'Eye of the Lady.' I really like that name, as photography is really all about the eye of the artist, not about the equipment used or even one's surroundings. Sometimes I 'see' interest everywhere; sometimes my 'eye' goes to sleep. This week my eye has been seeing in technicolor!

One evening's sunset, as seen from the front of the house and beyond as I walked around to get the best views:




A bed of zinnias next to the retirement facility where I visit old friends:


Poppy napping on the couch:

Bumblebees working the flowers in a neighbor's garden:





Ratatouille made from the vegetables that neighbor gave me in exchange for eggs:

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

Leigh said...

The colors this time of year are so varied and vivid. Truly a treat for the eyes (maybe compensation for the hot weather!). Funny to think that months from now nature will be dominated by browns and grays. Such an amazing world we live in.

Mama Pea said...

So important for all of us to take the time to "smell the flowers" or more appropriately as you've shared "see the colors!" Right now I've been reveling in all the various colors of my two rows of mixed sunflowers. How does nature do it?

Michelle said...

Leigh, I'm looking forward to months from now when everything here will be dominated by GREEN! Right now is our 'brown season;' not my favorite.

Do share photos of all your amazing sunflowers, Mama Pea!

A :-) said...

All sorts of color! :-) I hope the temps are breaking for you soon.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful pictures - clouds, flowers, bumble bees, all of them. And your ratatouille looks beautiful, and I'lll bet is was really tasty!!

Have a good rest of the weekend. I hope you had a good day today.