Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A flood of Fair photos...

 ...coming up next. 😉

But first!

Sunday was a busy day. I got up way before dawn to get chores, etc. done so Poppy and I could head north for our third agility trial. For the first time, we were going to "play the games" (the phrase I use to let Poppy know we're going to do agility stuff) away from the facility where we take classes and our first two matches were held. Would she stay with me in the ring, or run around to explore the new surroundings?
Clark Co. Fairgrounds arena, big enough for TWO agility rings. I've shown dressage here before.




As you can see, she (mostly) stayed with me! Our first two runs were outstanding, so I took a photo of Poppy with her qualifying and first place ribbons. By our third run, just as she did in our first two trials, Poppy started to lose focus and ventured off to visit the ring crew, but to my surprise we still managed to both qualify and win the class. Another photo was in order....

I took lots of photos while volunteering in the ring, but this was the only one worth sharing:
It's a flying Cavalier!

When I got home, Rick wanted to know if I'd ride with him to the State Fair for evening rounds. I was pretty pooped, but a cool breeze was blowing and I definitely wanted to visit the Fair sometime, so.... I ran down to make sure all the critters had water and feed – and was momentarily arrested by this:
The sheepfold swallows have fledged!


Next up: the first batch of Fair photos from . . .

4 comments:

A :-) said...

Way to go, Poppy!! Congratulations!! :-)

Michelle said...

Thank you, A; I was thrilled with her!

Leigh said...

LOL. Sounds like she did really good! Will her attention span improve as she gets older? I'm glad to hear she did so well.

Jeanne said...

Wow! Way to go Poppy! I'm so glad she did well!