Monday, April 03, 2017

Sorry for the silence!

We flew back into Portland this morning, soaring over snow-capped peaks sparkling in the sunshine and driving home through vibrant green and blossom-brilliant landscape. Oh, how good it is to be home!


I took my laptop with me but there was no wi-fi where we stayed so I couldn't post here. I posted plenty to Instagram, so if you'd like to see some photos from our trip, you can click on that blue Instagram bar over there on the right.

We took Brian straight to school (much to his dismay; he thought he was getting another day off), then came home. After unloading the car and starting a load of laundry, I changed and headed to the barn to see my critters. The horses got turned out into the arena to run and roll, and the ewes and lambs got turned out to pasture to experience sunshine, green grass, and communal living for the first time.



My sweet lambs! They are all doing well, not changed as much as I expected after missing most of their short lives so far. The neighbor who graciously agreed to come up every 2-3 hours to bottle-feed Brigitte kept me informed of her progress via text message; after the first two days, Brigitte quickly transitioned to getting all her nourishment from Sarai. She's still a loud-mouth, and very friendly. :-D
Hi, Brigitte!


That last photo is of Vienna's handsome son; I didn't get a good photo of his twin sister. She's darker brown and has a moon spot on her left shoulder. I'll keep trying. ;-)

As always, I have lots of photos from our trip to sort and share, which may or may not get done. Seems the past gets shoved to the back burner by the immediacy of the moment.

And the immediacy of THIS moment is watching the end of To Kill A Mockingbird with my son for English class. Sobering. Heartbreaking. And frighteningly foreshadowing of too many current events and attitudes.

That's it for today from . . .









10 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

Yes. I remember To Kill a Mockingbird and the real sad fact is that we haven't changed much in attitudes at all. Whenever will we outgrow as a race this distrust we have of those who are different from ourselves. I guess it will only happen when we stop passing those ideas onto our children.

Cute lambs.

Mama Pea said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear all went well with the animals when you were gone. Your scenery certainly looks like spring time so I thank you for the pictures to keep all of us in colder climates going for another month!

Susan said...

Such sweet lambs! And, OH, green grass! Looks like the horses enjoyed being out, too. Kudos to your neighbor ~ I'd love one of those, myself!

thecrazysheeplady said...

A Baaxter mini-me :-D

Michelle said...

That's what I thought, Sara!

Michelle said...

So true, RK!

Michelle said...

You're welcome, Mama Pea!

Michelle said...

She was a godsend, Susan!

Donna said...

Glad to have you back. And you are correct about "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Theresa Y said...

Been reading your blog a while. Beautiful baby lambs.